Each year the Orange County & Inland Empire Chapter of the Penn State Alumni Association awards scholarships to students living in Orange County and the Inland Empire who attend Penn State. Multiple scholarships are available. The application is a required combination of:
- Personal Information
- Submission of your most recent College (or high school, for freshman) Transcripts
To access this year’s application, which must be filled out online via Google Forms, please go to our scholarship page: www.ocpsu.com/scholarship
Qualified scholarship applicants must have:
- a 2.8 GPA or higher
- a permanent address in our Chapter area (Orange County or Inland Empire)
- no current sports scholarship from Penn State
- full-time student status as determined by university standards
2020 Scholarship Timeline:
- All applications must be submitted via Google Forms and are due no later than August 24, 2020
- Transcripts MUST be emailed to David Wolfe or submitted via the Google form
- In early-September, a panel of Chapter Board Members will determine qualified finalists
- Selected names are submitted to Penn State University to verify eligibility
- Penn State will notify all confirmed recipients in the Fall semester
It is our hope that current students, their parents and family members keep in touch with our local alumni all year and especially upon graduating. Despite the current conditions, our local alumni group has many community service events throughout the year for all ages.
Each year we also host a Student Send-Off for new and current Penn State students and their families.
This year’s event will be held online to insure the safety of students and families. You will be invited by email. An RSVP is required. If you do not receive an invite by email, please reach out to us. This is a great way to virtually meet local students (new & existing) and to have last minute questions answered.
Good luck with this year’s application and we wish you the best while at Penn State. WE ARE!
David Wolfe ‘94
OCIEA PSAA Scholarship Chair