We are honored to have received Elm Level status for the 2nd year in a row!
According to the Penn State Alumni Association, groups named as a “Group of Distinction” have served in several programmatic categories, including career networking, social interaction and fellowship, supporting students, and leading THON-related activities. To achieve Elm Level, the chapter must prove that they’ve completed at least 14-15 categories (out of a total 15):
- Alumni Association membership support and recruitment
- Career networking and professional development (e.g. Career networking, panels, special presentations)
- Social interaction and fellowship (e.g. football viewing parties, family picnic, day at the park)
- Community service (local or national level; THON excluded)
- Interactive communication (e.g. social media, Twitter, LinkedIn, FB)
- Participation in Alumni Leadership Connections opportunities (e.g. trainings, webinars, one on one with VST)
- Support/Participation of Alumni Association events and initiatives (e.g. Pep Rallies, City Lights, Research on the Road, Homecoming Parade, Senior Send-Off)
- Submit a nomination(s) for the Alumni Association’s Volunteer Awards Program
- Joint Activity (i.e. collaborative effort with another PSAA group)
- New or Innovative Program (i.e. try something that you haven’t tried during the past 3 years)
- Student interaction (e.g. student send-off, mentoring, care packages)
- Financial support of students (e.g. book awards, annual scholarships, emergency grants)
- Annual contribution to group’s endowment through the University
- Alumni Admissions participation
- Participation in THON related activities
We are so proud of our Board of Directors, and thankful for our amazing membership base for helping us reach this status. We couldn’t have done it without you!
Thank you for your ongoing support. If you’re not a member yet, we encourage you to join by going to https://www.ocpsu.com/membership.